Monday, May 23, 2011

Yes, another Hiatus

Well, I went and did it again. I went and had another photography slump. I will be honest, I was about 2 days away from selling everything I had to upgrade to a new camera. I cannot say for certain why it is I want a new camera so bad. Yes, there are some things I simply cannot accomplish with my current camera. I cannot tether the Rebel XT to a computer running Windows 7. I wonder if the colors are better from a newer camera. All that aside, there is no reason I cannot use the camera I have to take awesome pictures and the only thing holding me back is me. So I woke myself up early Sunday morning and decided to act like a photographer and capture the best light of the day...Sunrise.

I love the colors from the rising sun, and I love how they reflected off the wet sand. I feel the posts add interest to the image. However, something is not right. The problem is I do not actually know what is wrong. I sat in front of my editing software and could not bring myself to do anything with this image. I could not crop it, I could not adjust colors, and I could not photoshop i in any way that I felt improved the image. I would never be bold enough to say it does not need anything, but whatever it is eludes me.

So now that I am back on the wagon again I vow to make a posting once a week, preferably on Monday. I will include what I feel is my best work from the week before. Hopefully I will show some improvement along the way.

Thanks for being patient, and as always...Thanks for reading.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment