Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another trek to the beach


So I made another sunrise run down to the beach. I set my alarm properly this time so I had plenty of time to set up. Too much time actually. The whole reason I came down to the beach was to take photos of the moon. For some reason the crescent moon caught my eye, and if it had not I would have easily crawled back into bed.
As I stood on the boardwalk in the pitch dark waiting to see where the sun was going to rise, I decided to try some long exposure photography. The shot you see here is a 30 second exposure which is why the clouds and ocean waves are slightly blurry. It is kind of funny because I had no intention of doing a photo like this, but it ended up being the best of the bunch I took that morning.
I did very little post production on this, and I am not sure if I will. I bumped up the colors a bit to make it a bit more 'punchy', and I cropped out a ship from the left horizon. I have considered trying other techniques, but in all honesty I do not think I will like anything more than what you see here. The colors are warm and inviting, the setup is fine, and I can do little with the blurry clouds (and would not attempt do do anything with the ocean). Why fix something if it is not broken, right?

Well, one week down. Yes it was a day later than I expected, but Monday was a holiday so it does not count against me. I plan on finishing my last of three photos to submit to NYIP for Unit Two, nd with any luck I will post them here for your review as well.

As always, thank you for reading.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when that happens?! Plan something to the last detail ... only to get there and throw it all out the window for a last-minute inspiration! Gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete