Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In the Beginning...

Well, here it is. I finally ventured into the world of personal blogs. In all honesty, I do not think I have enough to say in order to entertain an audience. However, this isn't meant for you. This blog is meant for me and my pursuit to be a better me. There are so many things I want to do, become better at, or stop doing altogether. Yet there always seems to be a reason why I cannot. Not enough time, wrong place, too much work, whatever. Well, that ends today. In this blog I hope to chronicle my day to day life in hopes to motivate myself or at the very least be completely honest with myself in a public forum. Sounds odd I know. Or does it? I have tried everything else, perhaps public humiliation will do the trick.

So I will start with a brief rundown of what I intend to do with my life, and my daily stumbles as I progress. For years now I have loved Photography. I bought my first DSLR camera as I graduated college knowing I was heading around the world. I wanted to take it with me to take images to share with everyone at home. I did so, but there wasn't a single photo that I could put my finger on and say 'wow. I love this shot. It reminds me of...'. Maybe several years from now I could be a professional photographer, selling my wares on the beach somewhere. So this is my official start to that goal. I will use this blog to force myself to take one picture every day, and post it here. I can then comment on it and describe why I do not like it (I am my own worst critic).

So there you have it. My first blog is done and posted. Tonight I will post my first image and comment on it tomorrow. Maybe my next goal will be how to make a blog more interesting...

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment